[Rhodes22-list] leaks

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 22:05:59 EDT 2007

Stan,

Thanks very much for your post, it will be helpful.

FWIW, I try to keep things in perspective.  There was an intermittent  “
gathering of water”in our lazz much of last season, others on the list are  talking
about small leaks, maybe condensate, in the bilge or V-berth.  My  baseline
is the boat that was in the slip next to us for about 1/2 of last  season - it
literally sank to the bottom in its slip from a leak.  We are  many of orders
of magnitude from that sort of leak or the sorts of leaks many  other boaters
deal with routinely.  From my perspective the R22 is a great  and very well
made boat.  In searching for the leak, I’m not complaining  about the boat.  I
appreciate your help with this.

Dave