[Rhodes22-list] Don Imus

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:10:08 EDT 2007

Slim and Wally,

There used to be a club in Laclede's Landing in St. Louis called Muddy
Waters (may still be there). Bob Weber, help me out here! The house band
would stop in the middle of a song and single someone out for ridicule or
harassment.  For example, they'd quit playing on cue and the lead singer
would say something like, "look at the hooters on that girl in the red
sweater, they look like two puppies fighting in a gunny sack".  I was there
one night and needed to pee so I picked a rip-roaring song I was quite
certain they wouldn't interrupt to make my way across the dance floor.
Nope!  Right in the middle of the heavy rips they stopped.  "Look at that
skinny loser trying to sneak off to the bathroom!"  It was part of the
environment and part of the fun.  Thin-skinned people could always party
somewhere else.  Imus got busted for rapping while white.  I never did like
the guy but I hope he bounces back on his feet.  This country gets too much
enjoyment from seeing successful people fall.

Brad