[Rhodes22-list] parts toll. (and stringer question snuck in)

bobmellor rhmello at aol.com
Fri Apr 13 21:08:25 EDT 2007

Stan

Sorry, i had seen many refs to beckson, and didn't realize you would still
have the opening ports for an '80.  In any case, I'll be sure to touch base
with you first for other parts.

I do want to make it known to others jumping in this thread that i did
indeed pay my buyer's fee to Stan, and have purchased a CB gasket kit from
Stan.  I will also be following up with Stan shortly on trading in my
trailer for a newer one and probably picking up a stern rail at the same
time.  (just need to figure what to do with the boat while i make the trip
with the trailer.)

And Stan, while I have your attention (I hope) ..  I am about to put in new
stringers to replace the rotted ones i took out.  (realizing now I probably
should have been more patient and replaced them one at a time).  Assuming it
was initially done in the mold, what is the best positioning of the boat to
tab them in...  in the water, on the trailer, cradled, suspended by the
eyes, or?

I plead for your renowned expertise on this one.

Regards and a toast to longevity

Bob Mellor