[Rhodes22-list] Dave Lewis and Don Imus

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 15 16:50:50 EDT 2007

Ed,

Thank you for your post - really, it made me chuckle.

I completely share your opinion re rap, I simply don’t get it at all, in  any
dimension.  I particularly don’t get the demeaning, vulgar, and violent
language; but frankly if they completely rectified those issues I probably still
wouldn’t like rap.  But that’s my opinion and your opinion, and I wouldn’t
be surprised if it weren’t the opinion of virtually everyone on the board.
But I’m telling you, the young people of all races love it - at least in the DC
area.  I truly have no idea what they see in it.

As to acceptance of rap as a form of free speech, I made no such  claim.  I
said it was a dominate feature of young black, white, yellow, and  brown
culture and that the segregation is by age, not race.  I stand by  that statement, I
believe my observation is accurate.

As to Slim, what can I say.  With your Christian background I know you
believe in redemption, maybe he’ll shape up.  Appearances and posts can be
deceiving, I’m sure that deep down he’s a good guy.  I hope we’re still  friends.

As to the great liberal lie - you’re absolutely right, I stand by the
liberal principles that say you leave me and my people alone, and I’ll leave you
and your people alone.  You respect me, I’ll respect you.  You  disrespect me
and I’m in your GD face.  I have a lot of sympathy and will  lend support to
others that share those liberal principles without regard to  their race.  It’s a
principle that accords each man woman and child the  right to their good
reputation, if they deserve it.  The new-conservative  concept that you can say
whatever pops into your head, if you’ve got an open  mike, does not apply.  It
may interest you to know this great liberal lie  has been embraced by the State
of South Carolina.   For example,  see
_http://www.dancingwithlawyers.com/freeinfo/libel-slander-per-se.shtml_
(http://www.dancingwithlawyers.com/freeinfo/libel-slander-per-se.shtml)
and  explicitly note the 4th bullet as you scroll down the page.  You will
instantly recognize that 4th bullet applies to the Imus situation.   Imagine,
all the states on that list endorsing this liberal position - Ed, we’re
winning, you’re losing.

Finally regarding my denigrating the Southern Baptist church and your
concern for its welfare.  If you think my alleging that large numbers of  black
people attend Southern Baptist churches is somehow degrading to the  Southern
Baptists, you are revealing your prejudice.  The blacks I referred  to are fine,
upright, people.  The whole point of that part of my post was  to establish
they are fine, upright people.  I cannot believe the Southern  Baptists are not
overjoyed to have them in their congregations.

Dave