[Rhodes22-list] Squirrels - Help!

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 21:30:41 EDT 2007

Brad,

Robert is our resident squirrel expert but I suspect
he's still under his double-batened hatches, not to
come out for a few days.

The only real solution is to remove the squirrels'
method of ingress , which is to say, the branches by
which they access your roof. Cutting back the
overhanging branches will deprive them of the ability
to drop onto the roof. A skillful tree cutter should
be able to do this w/o making the tree look deformed.

Squirresl are rodents which carry a variety of
diseases...and their chewing can enable them to enter
the house proper...it sounds as if they are a bit too
close to the little one for comfort....in this
contest, the tree loses big time.

Keep in mind that them varmints are supposed to be
mighty good eatin.'  ;^)

elle

--- Brad Haslett <flybrad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> Help!  We've been averaging about $300 to $500 with
> the local squirrel
> trapper for the last several years.  They generally
> ate their way into the
> house in the same area and we've almost completely
> sheet metaled the soffit
> closest to their access tree. Now they've moved to a
> whole new area of the
> house and have moved above Cora's bedroom.  Short of
> cutting down the trees
> they use for access to the roof, something I don't
> want to do, what can be
> done to encourage them to live at the neighbors?  Do
> the ultrasound devices
> work?  Are there chemicals that you can spray?
> Since Gracie died the
> squirrels and rabbits have taken over the yard.  I'm
> happy to share but
> enough is enough.  A WalMart high powered pellet gun
> is next!
>
> Brad
> www.rhodes22.org/list

 1992 Rhodes 22   Recyc '06  "Water Music"   (Lady in Red)