[Rhodes22-list] Leaking through mast wiring

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 19:09:16 EDT 2007

Dave,
There are only a limited number of places water can be coming from in that
area. My guess is that the tabernacle for the mast (base) was not properly
sealed. Easy fix is to lower mast, remove screws from the base, seal with a good
sealant (Your choice) and reinstall the screws and the base. There have
always  been a lot of discussions as to what is the best sealant, but I prefer a
one  part urethane sealant. It's sticky, cures slowly and will last about twelve
 years when exposed to the elements and probably longer when used for the
base.  It never becomes hard and remains flexible for years.
This is a new problem for the list. Most people just rip out the base when
they are lowering the mast after forgetting to remove the pop top slide.  :)

Rummy