[Rhodes22-list] cockpit filler planks

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:18:16 EDT 2007

I've got Stan's cockpit filler and finally put it to use yesterday.  It's 4
pieces of 1" or 3/4" plywood with plastic brackets to hold position, and 4
cushions to match the cockpit cushions.  The plywood pieces easily store
under the seat standning up behind the coaming.  I need to get them
resting on something so there is an air space between the plywood edges and
the sole.  The 4 cushions would also fit up under the gunwale if we wanted
to put them out of the way.  A picnic on the water lounging in the filled in
cockpit was great.  When the 12 year old is happy and the 81 year old is
also happy, you know you've found a solution and added a nice new dimension
to the boat.

Dave

On 8/1/07, R22RumRunner at aol.com <R22RumRunner at aol.com> wrote:

> Rex,
> Your missing something here. The filler cushions are actually built in
> four
> sections. Easy to handle and easy to store in the V berth or wherever you
> want
> to stuff them. In fact, if you are real ingenious, you could make an extra
> cushion that would fit over the standard head area (not the enclosed head)
> increasing the size of the V berth.
>
> Rummy
>

> ************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL
> at