[Rhodes22-list] I don't need this aggravition Stan

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:15:09 EDT 2007

Stan,

Damn it! Life was good!  I was minding my own business, not worried about
the list (but for lurking to see if Slim and Mary Ann was OK after the
bridge collapse) and the world ran fine without my advice.  I'm jumping
back-in to AGREE with you.  Sometimes I think you might have lived a good
life and learned a thing or two - but then I just close my eyes, click my
heels, and that thought goes away.

Here's the deal on Nixon and energy.  He saw the problem.  Hell, every
President since FDR (who first cut the deal for cheap oil with the Middle
East) saw the problem. No one has had the political guts to deal with the
issue. Drugs and oil are the same.  We are addicted to scarce
resources. Drugs are a minor issue in my humble opinion.  Make them legal!
I just got off the phone with my youngest son who returned from a six-week
drug busting cruise in Panama and he admitted, it feels good when we pop
someone but we're not making a dent in the total importation.  Make them
legal and cheap and let Darwin sort out the consequences. Our prisons are
filled with non-violent folks who were just trying to make a living.  Did we
learn anything from prohibition?

I'm in Gulfport putting out some brush fires, including, showing in court
tomorrow to support one of my employees who is in legal trouble over, guess
what, drugs.  She's the best employee we've found after almost two years on
the MS Gulf Coast and I can't stand to see her shoved around by the legal
system.

As soon as I get finished making an ass of myself and get things at home
settled down to a mild simmer, we'll combine forces and finish off the
worlds problems.

You started this!  Happy?

Brad