[Rhodes22-list] mainsail halyard

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Wed Aug 8 12:41:11 EDT 2007

James,

Thanks for the pix.  Very good documentation.

One major problem:  PLEASE DO NOT RIG NEAR POWER LINES!  You are WAY TOO
CLOSE for safety.  The "drop" from the utility pole to your home (?) is
plainly visible very close to the mast and rigging.  Please be aware that
the insulation on the power line is not guaranteed to be in good shape and
most have breaks in the covering jacket.  Contact with the line by conductor
(any metal such as the mast, boom, rigging) almost certainly will expose you
to lethal energy.  My wife and I have first hand knowledge of one person who
was electrocuted in just this manner.  Practice safety at all times.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "James Barron" <jbarron1 at cinci.rr.com> Tuesday, August 07, 2007 10:53