[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 03:46:59 EDT 2007

Elle,

You're right about  the leaks.  I don't know how to address  that.  Don't
sail in the rain?

Re sagging - it occurred to me that you might run a batten across each  flap
half way down, and perhaps at the end of each flap just to facilitate a  seal.
 The battens would eliminate any sag and would still fold with the  Bimini.
The top of the Bimini will not be as strong, but it's not a weight  bearing
surface, normally.

Maybe it's a bad idea, don't know.

I'm up here in The Desert Of Northern Virginia, very near Tysons  Corner.
The boat (and usually the Bimini) is in Deale Md.

Dave