[Rhodes22-list] MAINSAIL HALYARD

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu Aug 9 08:01:01 EDT 2007

Diane,
Your pictures still didn't come through. If you want to email them
directly to me, I will post them to the list for you.

The stern of our boats is indeed busy with the backstay adjuster, the
traveler, the mainsheet, stern rail and outboard. Getting to the
motor is an issue. We ended up putting controls in the cockpit for
the motor. We don't have electric start so we do have to lean over
the rail to start the motor but we can adjust the speed, and shift
FNR from the cockpit. It does make life easier. using the swim ladder
is and issue but we just use all the extra handholds (backstays) and
climb over.

If we have the bimini up, we throw the outhaul line up on top of it
to get it out of the way. If we don't have the bimini up we just loop
it loosely around a couple of the cleats.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD