[Rhodes22-list] (no subject) / Boom Room

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 10 00:13:40 EDT 2007

Art,

Thanks again for your replies.  No need to send me picts of the frame  if
that's not how it generally comes.

Since the boom is part of the "general" BR, I gather we really  would sail
with just the headsail, right?  Actually, the main  sail/sailing issue is
probably not a big deal, I see using the BR at anchor  or slipped.

I'm puzzled and surprised that access is via the stern.  We keep our  boat in
a slip - as I imagine many people do.  Our access is via the side -
currently our starboard side, but I could foresee situations where that might  change
to the port side.  I think we'd have a real hard time working our  way around
to the stern to access the BR.  How would the BR work for  us?

I gather from your description that the BR folds up very compactly -   well
done, great engineering.  It's probably V-berth storage though,  right?  Where
do you store yours?

Unfortunately, we aren't going to be around for the Oct show, perhaps we  can
catch you in Nov.

Dave