[Rhodes22-list] (no subject) / Boom Room

Charles Henthorn rexh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 10 15:11:24 EDT 2007

Dave:
      Art designed the boom room for access from the side if you choose.   I've used it several times in a slip and just unfasten the panels that are on the side of the pop top from the main side panels to permit one to pull it aside to gain access to the cockpit (now part of the cabin because of the boom room extension).
  Rex

DCLewis1 at aol.com wrote:

Art,

Thanks again for your replies. No need to send me picts of the frame if
that's not how it generally comes.

Since the boom is part of the "general" BR, I gather we really would sail
with just the headsail, right? Actually, the main sail/sailing issue is
probably not a big deal, I see using the BR at anchor or slipped.

I'm puzzled and surprised that access is via the stern. We keep our boat in
a slip - as I imagine many people do. Our access is via the side -
currently our starboard side, but I could foresee situations where that might change
to the port side. I think we'd have a real hard time working our way around
to the stern to access the BR. How would the BR work for us?

I gather from your description that the BR folds up very compactly - well
done, great engineering. It's probably V-berth storage though, right? Where
do you store yours?

Unfortunately, we aren't going to be around for the Oct show, perhaps we can
catch you in Nov.

Dave