[Rhodes22-list] Caesar's Visit to General Boats

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 21 10:01:00 EDT 2007

Caesar,

You might give a thought to what you really want to have 'installed' in the cabin versus 'open space'.  My first Rhodes had cooler and all the trimmings screwed in place and closely fitted.  Now I have more open shelf options.  Tnere is one item I will recommend for the HOT that Dave describes.  There is a cooler 12v fan rig supplied by Boaters World that fits into a 25qt Igloo that they call an 'air conditioner'.  While not as good as an A/C, it is a plus.  My suggestion really relates to interior space flexibility - I wouldn't again have my limited cabin space committed to 'permanant' fixtures, just so that I can enjoy flexibility in the challenged space environment.  The 'A/C' cooler I use would not fit well anywhere if the interior was fully committed.  BTW, this 'A/C' insert can be made for any size cooler (a system that simply circulates air over crushed ice).  My own was not difficult and is effective.

Art