[Rhodes22-list] Standard main rigging/ roller furling boom

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Tue Aug 21 15:33:31 EDT 2007

Our '83 roller boom worked fine this past weekend. If it is balky to pull back from the mast to release the roller mechanism, a shot of WD40 into the mast end works fine for us. We reef rarely but rolling up 1/3 was all we ever needed in 30 knot wind. Better to take in roller jib up to forward stay also, to equalize tiller pressure and reduce tendency for boat to head into the wind if only main is up in a strong wind. Now if wind more than 25, we high tail it back to port dock!
Happy Sailing!
Alan Robertson