[Rhodes22-list] Standard main rigging/ roller furling boom

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Aug 21 17:22:11 EDT 2007

For stronger winds, we normally drop the poptop and lower the boom first.
Next we reef the main using the roller mechanism.  As a last resort, we drop
all cloth and motor in if the wind is above 25-30 kts or lots of
unpredictable gusts.

After 26+ years sailing a Rhodes we have nothing to prove...

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Alan Robertson" <bigal_61 at msn.com> Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:33 PM