[Rhodes22-list] Standard main rigging/ roller furling boom

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Wed Aug 22 23:05:23 EDT 2007

QUESTION MICHAEL?
    WE NEVER SAIL WITH POP TOP UP; ONLY WHEN UNDER POWER. OUR BOOM WON'T MOVE WHEN POP TOP IS UP VERY WELL, WHEN JIBING OR COMING ABOUT. WHAT'S THE ADVANTAGE IF POP TOP IS UP EXCEPT TO GIVE FIRST MATE MORE HEADROOM WHEN MAKING LUNCH OR DRINKS. WOULD APPRECIATE A REPLY FROM ANY OF YOU FRESH AND SALT WATER SAILORS.
AL ROBERTSON  - SS THOR IV
P.S. MICHAEL WE MOVED UP FROM MASSAPEQUA OVER 40 YEARS AGO SO LI GEOG. IS HAZY, BUT DOESN'T NISSAQUOGUE EMPTY INTO GREAT SOUTH BAY? YOUR BOAT'S NAME IS INTERESTING; IS THERE A STORY BEHIND IT?