[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bilge Pump Puzzle

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Wed Aug 22 10:41:20 EDT 2007

At 09:28 PM 8/21/2007 -0400, Arthur H. Czerwonky wrote:
>know it is necessary.  In the boat now owned by John Lock the water
>would accumulate aft.

Indeed it still does.  However, I keep a manual bilge pump in the
lazz and just pump out any water after a hard rain.  There's never
more than about a gallon down there and takes 30 seconds to pump
out.  FYI, the main cause of that leak is rain water overflowing the
seat drain channels.  The drain fittings are too small for heavy
accumulations and are easily clogged with leaves, mayflies, pine needles, etc.

P.S. The lazz on my boat is not connected to the bilge in any way.

Cheers!

John Lock