[Rhodes22-list] reply to Michael Meltzer

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 11:11:11 EDT 2007

Nay, Nay,, oh tootling one.

Yes, I took offense at the broad brush strokes which
were painting an entire class. Substiture 'Black'
"Hispanic'  or whatever is the politically 'in' group
at the moment and you may perceive it differently.

Teachers are taking the brunt for society's ills.
Considering we see the student for anywhere from 45 to
90 minutes per day, we are expected to teach manners,
mores (of some type...) behavior that is acceptable,
('way too many more things to mention) along with a
curriculum created by politicians who are only
concerned with their butts and not how children of
varying capacities, backgrounds, and environments,
live and learn.

THEN we are expected to have each SUCCESSIVE group
test to a HIGHER standard than the last year's group.
Oh, THAT makes sense.

I know of what I speak....I spent 35 years in the
classroom, and now work intimately with the SOL's of
VA and the Fed's AYP crap.

How many of you who own businesses are responsible for
the quality of what comes out of your pipeline yet
have NO CONTROL over the quality of the raw materials
you are expected to work with? Could you guarantee a
product when your materials differ daily?

Yes...there are lousy teachers...but far fewer than
the many good ones....

AND...yes...I took offense at the 'TS' business...if
Tootling one will reread the exchange carefully he
will see that the claws did not come out of the sheath
until I was insulted. And I was insulted (as the other
members of the liost should have been) by the basic
lack of respect in the inherent "TS that's my opinion
& shove it" attitude expressed by the respondent.

Rhodies are a community...we all share a delight in
out fondness and respect for Stan & Rose, our delight
in finding and enjoying our boats & a group of folks
who know of our delight without our having to so so in
so many words......we all have a right to our
opinions....but we SHOULD care how our fellow list
members perceive our positions of these interesting
topics that come up...and we should choose our words
to express ourselves so that our positions are clear
but we respect those of others.

So if someone presents himself as a jerk & is
insulting I will treat him as such.

Sorry.....I was raised mafiosa & it sorta stuck....

So, "Tootle," you spilled the soup on this one.

;^)

elle