[Rhodes22-list] katrina anniversary (political) reply to y2k

john Belanger jhnblngr at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 13:33:15 EDT 2007

brad
  i've heard they are spending 12 billion a month in i/a so i just figured if that money were spent here instead .......you know the line. the problem is as you stated it...... if it was only a natural disaster then pull up your bootstraps and get on with it..... but because the levees failed the government is liable, and they have to make things right. its not just georges problem, its the fact that, finally, the skimmed off money that the system routinely loses to corruption, and waste, has had the disastrous results that almost never occur. every once in a while that happens. but the dishonesty continues. we impeached a president for lying. now it sems to be done all the time. i'm ready for a move to higher moral ground!!

Brad Haslett <flybrad at gmail.com> wrote:
  John,

Iraq and Afghanistan have absolutely nothing to do with Katrina. NOTHING!
Here is another little secret, Bush 43 had nothing to do with Katrina.
Absolutely nothing. I'll be just as happy as anyone when his term is gone
so folks like you will have to find something else as an excuse for
everything.

The liberal media can't help themselves from somehow blaming bad weather on
the government and suggesting that if only we spent a gazillion dollars of
taxpayer money, all would be well again. How about we think outside the
box? Here is a suggestion, BUILD YOUR FRIGGIN HOUSE ON HIGH GROUND!" I've
asked plenty of people on the coast how they rebuilt after Camille and they
said, "we just did it". One of the reasons the recovery from Katrina is so
slow is that everyone is waiting around to see where the next government tit
is going to land and how big it will be.

If someone has a better idea of how to handle Katrina, I'm all ears. If you
just want to bash Bush, pick another subject with me. There are plenty to
choose from.

Brad