[Rhodes22-list] A word to the unwise..My view of teachers

cjlowe cjlowe at bright.net
Mon Aug 27 16:46:45 EDT 2007

I think that where you went to school,has alot to do with how your teachers
performed for you.I grew up in a small town (6000 pop.),every body knew
everybody.I can count on one hand how many bad teachers I knew about .(only
had one bad teacher,and he was only lazy,not really bad.)
I believe that all my teachers cared more about the whole class, than they
had to ,to bring home the paycheck.Most of the teachers went way out of
their way to see that their kids got what they needed.
Thirteen years ago I married a 5th grade teacher. For the first ten years,we
couldn't go to town without running into one of her former students.None of
them ever said that she sucked or didn't do her job or anything bad about
her.Alot of them thanked her for being such a good teacher,some of them said
she really changed their lives for the better.One former student told her on
the first day of a new school year," I'm here teaching today because I was
lucky enough to be in your class eleven years  ago." That's the paycheck
good teachers work for,although not near as many get it,as deserve it.It's
also why good teachers take exception to comments like -you only work nine
months a .year---ect.

the way I see it,
Jerry Lowe