[Rhodes22-list] A word to the unwise..the end

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 22:44:15 EDT 2007

Well said, Art, and 'nuff said.

 elle

"Arthur H. Czerwonky" <czerwonky at earthlink.net> wrote: Rummy,
Can't we say quits on this damn issue? Jb, at the expense of his credibility, vented until he looked like a fool. I'd really rather you not relive his experience.
I think it is safe to say that there are good teachers and bad teachers. I have worked with the best and the worst. I have taught some of the best students, and some of the worst. I believe thee strongest determinant in classroom success is the attitude of the student population and the parent population. There are well identified problem areas with exceptional teachers in Gwinnett County, GA, and behavior of the students is the greatest obstacle to their academic progress. The best teachers will make very marginal progress if a fraction of the students can succeed in disrupting. The parents, even in the most obvious circumstances, will gloss over little Joey's problems - I have seen it countless times.
Anyone who wants to generalize that teachers as a group are losers is speaking in ignorance. I heard the same worthless tripe about college professors when I took my MBA studies.
Rummy, you are more intelligent than this email reflects.
Art