[Rhodes22-list] Minnesota Cruisin' (Political)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 22:12:45 EDT 2007

The MSP airport has sure had its share of fame the last few years.  First it
was the Somali cab drivers who wouldn't haul booze, then the flying Imans.
Now this.  This observation is too funny!

Brad

------------------

Cruisin' for jihadists   [Mark
Steyn<%6d%61i%6cbox%40%73%74e%79%6eo%6e%6ci%6ee%2ecom>
]

A reader writes:

All of the easy Larry Craig jokes aside ...

So Larry Craig was looking through the cracks in the stalls, moving his
hands oddly and tapping his foot in the airport bathroom and was arrested
because such behavior fits the profile of someone looking to engage in
bathroom sex.  OK.

But isn't there actually a serious policy question here about why we're
willing to let law enforcement use profiling to apprehend and prevent creeps
from getting it on in the airport bathroom but not willing to let law
enforcement use profiling to apprehend and prevent terrorists from getting
on an airplane?

I take your point. If Senator Craig had gone into the stall, rolled out his
prayer mat, yelled "Allahu Akbar!" and been observed attempting to weaponize
the ballcock, the undercover cop would have shrugged, "Do I really want to
get stuck with another four-week stint in Sensitivity Training hell?" and
gone about his business.

Nonetheless, while I'm all for making lemonade out of lemons, I'm not sure
it will help for the GOP to start going around saying, "See? This proves
that profiling works."  Best to stick to the easy jokes. We now return you
to the Singing Senators and "Goodnight, Ladies".

08/28 11:10 AM<http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ZTMwNjE0MmRiZmY1MDAzMWEzMWM1NmRkNDk4N2VlMzM=>