[Rhodes22-list] Clean up cockpit - Question for Mike W

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Aug 31 10:35:03 EDT 2007

Ed,

The situation is as you understand.  Pressure washing is prohibited because
it is capable of removing bottom paint and if allowed, trailer boaters would
be washing much more than marine debris into the river.  The simple solution
was probably just to ban the use of the machines all together.

At the end of the season, I always have a crowd of "environmentalist
watchers" when I pull the R22 and return a season's marine life to the river
using a scrub brush and a hose (my finger applies the nozzle pressure.)  On
several occasions, they have even summoned the police to stop me from
"polluting" the waterways.  The police have simply asked me to hurry and
finish the job quickly.

Mike
s/v Shanghaid'd Summer ('81)
       Nissequogue River, NY