[Rhodes22-list] Pintell Clip??

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Aug 31 15:30:59 EDT 2007

Jeff,

Before Ed tells you to check the archives, I have already done so and came up with the recent discussions below:

Top of thread:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2006-August/thread.html#33362

I use a 1/2 inch set screw collar,with a bolt instead of a set screw that is
ground down to seat in the grove of the pintel  as the head of the bolt
seats on the outside of the collar.Works great.
Jerry Lowe

Someone showed me the trick of taking a metal hose clamp and putting it on pintle and tightening it down once the rudder was mounted.  Keeps the rudder from popping out.
Rob Lowe

There are many more discussions in the thread.  Glad that you didn't loose your way or your rudder.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "Jeff Timian" <jtimian at hotmail.com> Friday, August 31, 2007 3:20 PM