[Rhodes22-list] Jeff Timian reply about pintell clip, air condition, heeling and wife

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Fri Aug 31 21:24:12 EDT 2007

Jeff:

You may have noticed a reply signed Rob Lowe, then one with Jerry Lowe, etc.
Those are two very different guys in different places.  Just remember to use
stainless steel hose clamps on both pins.

You said that the wife wants power boat, air conditioning, well the real
solution is not to sell the Rhodes but get her, her own boat.  As to the
Rhodes, if you want air conditioning, it has been done, and not as the
recent discussion suggested by fan blowing over ice.  Rather as I recall he
mounted a Honda portable to supply ac to room air conditioner over companion
way?  Ugh. Or something to the above effect.

Point out to her that in a few weeks she is the one who will want a heater.

You may have seen comments posted by Captain Rummy?  Ask him how many boats
he has?   An keep in mind while he may seem on top of things, it is only
because on top roofs all the time.

And keep in mind that you can single hand sail the Rhodes 22.  You can
always drop her off at an air conditiond bar?  while you go sailing.

Maybe she saw the ad for this one:
http://www.ablboats.com/details.asp?ListingID=72587
It has ac.

As to wives and sailboats, some like them.  Have you noticed that we even
have lady Captains?  But some do not like sailboats.  We had a Rhodes owner
here on Lake Hartwell.  One day he took his wife out for a sail.  It got a
little breezy and he had the rail in the water.  She never came back.  He
had to sell the boat or settle in court.  He sold the boat.  I would point
out that when it get breezy here on Hartwell, my wife sits next to the cabin
and put her foot on the companion way wall to brace herself.  I have yet to
tip over, but do ask Captain Rummy about how to do it.

It is good to have you with us.  Remember, cool weather is coming in a few
weeks...  Have you considered sending her for sailing lessons?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA
http://www.nabble.com/file/p12436407/sail%2Bboat.gif sail+boat.gif