[Rhodes22-list] South Carolina Public Relations Dept.

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Fri Dec 14 16:42:55 EST 2007

South Carolina...  Hmmmm...  Why does that stick
in my mind?  The Catawba River gorge where they
shot "Deliverance?"  Yemassee?  Beaufort?  Port
Royal?  Archer's Creek?  Ribbon Creek?  Oh yes,
now I remember - Parris Island; that beautiful
resort just across the Broad River from Hilton
Head.

Curiously enuf, I don't have a great urge to
return, Ed.

It is difficult to believe that the water in SC
is cool and clear enuf for brookies.  But
perhaps there is salvation up in the mountains.
Next time I visit Gatlinburg, Cade's Cove, and
Asheville, I might slide down there to harass
the natives.

/Robert
Tootle wrote:

> John, Robert, now known as the ‘fly boys’
> You may have heard the name ‘Lake Hartwell’.  But are you aware that it is
> feed by ‘trout streams’?  Yes, in South Carolina there are trout streams.
> Captain Bob Keller used to sail from the Tugaloo River that forms part of
> Lake Hartwell.  See this about the origins of the Tugaloo River:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattooga_River
>
> Furthermore, north of Captain Rummy’s house is this place:
> http://www.ohwy.com/sc/w/walhasfh.htm
>
> And read what kind of fish they hatch their!  Of all places, this is in
> South Carolina.
> And what is this site all about?
> http://scbrookie.org/
>
> And just think, this place is just upstream of the arm of Lake Hartwell that
> goes by Captain Rummy’s:
> http://jocasseetroutclub.org/
>
> Maybe you need to reconsider a visit to South Carolina?
> Ed K
> Greenville, SC, USA
>
> --

Robert Skinner  "Squirrel Haven"