[Rhodes22-list] Motor Won't Start, Now Charging

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Sat Dec 15 08:37:43 EST 2007

Great advice from everyone, but I hadn't bugged Stan in awhile so I shot him
an email.

He responded the same day!!!

Typically if you have two batteries and two solar panels, each battery is
connected to its own panel.  One of my batteries is under the v-berth and
one under the aft end of the settee, so running the wire should be cheap and
simple.  We'll see.

I already own a trickle-charger for my motorcycle so my only costs will be
several thousand dollars worth of my labor.  Please don't tell me I need to
make a trip to West Marine for an overpriced charger specifically for a
marine battery.

If this doesn't work, Ed's attack on my manliness will force me to try to
replace the solenoid myself.  Should be able to complete that one by Spring.

Wish me luck!

Lee

3drecon wrote:

> If the solar panels will handle it, it seems both batteries should be
> connected.  Batteries do well when they have a float charge while dormant.
> The charger will kick on and off as needed.  I think 13.2 volts is the
> trigger.  Otherwise, you could hook up a separate solar panel that you can
> put away when you use the boat; when you put in to the marina, you can
> hook
> it up again..  Northern tool or Harbor Freight has that type of stuff.
>
> Philip
>

> "Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that
> damage morale, and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be
> arrested, exiled or hanged."  -	~ President Abraham Lincoln

>>> from last year's labor charge I assume there's some major disassembling