[Rhodes22-list] weather on Albemarle Sound

Joe Babb joe.babb at comcast.net
Sun Dec 23 15:23:23 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,
Sharon and I just got back from visiting with Stan & Rose in Edenton and
got a look at our boat in progress.
It's a year 2000 boat being recycled and it's already very beautiful and
not too much work left on it.  We are trying to decide when would be a
good time to go sailing on Albemarle Sound in the spring.  Our plans are
to drive over to pick up the boat when it is finished and go sailing for
a few days before taking it back home to Tennessee.  Anybody on the list
have an opinion about when spring comes to the Carolina coast?  Stan
says a lot depends on which way the wind is blowing, but it would be
nice to be able to sleep without being buried under a bunch of
blankets.  Depending on my work schedule, we were thinking of sometime
in April.
Secondarily, we want to name the boat "Harmony".  I asked Stan how best
to put a name on and he suggested throwing the question to the list.
Best Wishes to all the folks on the list for the holidays and a happy
new year,
Joe