[Rhodes22-list] Compress photos/PDF...John

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Mon Dec 31 18:20:51 EST 2007

At 02:39 PM 12/31/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm using Pages...it's the only word processor I
>have....I use the 'compress PDF' option in the 'Print'
>menu...It saves and compreses it at the same
>time...Perhaps I should do one step at a time??

Aha!  Now we're getting somewhere.  On the Mac (and Windows too, for
that matter) PDF handling thru the Print menu is often a different
piece of software.  In other words, you may be composing in Pages,
but when you print, it's actually invoking a special print driver
that is not necessarily part of Pages.

The Mac in particular has a lot of PDF processing options already
built in.  If you care to dig around a little, you may find a PDF
control panel or set of Options/Preferences.  It might even be
accessible from Pages print menu.  Very often there are settings that
govern how the PDF print processor should handle images it
encounters.  If you can find those settings, I'll bet you can change
them to produce nice, small PDFs.

Sorry, not being a Mac guy I can't point you directly at the place to do it.

Cheers!

John Lock