[Rhodes22-list] was KFC sign; now, politics

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 09:00:20 EST 2007

Ed,

  I really do consider myself apolitical; politics, IMHO, is but self-aggrandizement for those who have the $$ to make themselves known to party leaders (using that word loosely) and thereby be selected for the rest of us to 'vote' for.

  If some good  results from a politician or his (or her) political stance, it is a byproduct.

  I admit to being quite cynical; the negativity buries the issues; & Lordy, it's starting already for the next Presidential race; how will we stand it for the next 728 days???

  aargh.

  (Dang it's cold!)

  elle

  this is my first, last, and only political statement on the list.;^)

Tootle <ekroposki at charter.net> wrote:

Elle:

Why is it that liberals mostly say they are middle of the road, neither
right nor left? Look at Bill E -- until today has adamantly stated that he
is neither right nor left. Today he let it out, saying, “The ones slamming
right wing individuals seem funnier to me.” Captain Rummy said, “I'm
neither left or right.......I'm the middle man.”

Let the truth be said, Brad Haslett is the only true middle of the roader
regularly posting to this list. The rest need resolve to quit pretending
where their true political positions are. At least Ron has the gumption to
state his position, even if he does not like the term ‘fellow traveler’.
Let us hear a round of applause for Ron and snicker at those who fear taking
a public position.

What is all this on the wire about Al Gore being nominated for the Nobel
Peace Prize by some Norwegian legislators? What does his stance on global
warming have to do with world peace?

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA

http://www.nabble.com/file/6282/Bill%20position.gif Bill position.gif