[Rhodes22-list] Speaking of cold weather

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 6 09:49:57 EST 2007

>They had to return a day early because
>one member of the team became pretty disoriented, and
>wasn't thinking clearly.

  Maybe someone wasn't thinking too clearly BEFORE they left...that's NUTS.

  Did make me feel warmer, tho'!

  (Store is up to a balmy 62 deg...the store is an ole Oyster house sitting right on the shore...the deck outside is actually over water......water comes up through the floor when it floods...)

  elle

Joseph Hadzima <josef508 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  you think it's a little chilly here.

The kid + 4 friends just had to attempt an assult on Mt
Washington this past weekend. today's weather there is:

-17 F, wind chill @ -57 F,
UV Index 1 (low)
Wind WNW @ 83 mph, gusting to 94 mph.
Dew pt -17F.

And today was a better day. His biggest surprise was the
sound of the wind above the timber line. Eric said it was
so loud you need to shout into the face of your buddy in
order to be heard. They had to return a day early because
one member of the team became pretty disoriented, and
wasn't thinking clearly. I understand it went to -44 one
of the nights.

they did bring a sled, to ride down the mountain, but the
wind was too much. This was his first attempt, and two
other had tried twice before, but were forced to turn back
both times (one at only ~200 feet below the sumit).

I wonder if Rummy can tell us how the Rhodes would handle
83 mph winds?

WOW I feel much warmer after just writing about their trip
... maybe I'll get to go next time.

happy chilly Tuesday!
joe/hadz.

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow