[Rhodes22-list] Smoking

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Wed Feb 7 16:13:26 EST 2007

Slim
  All power to you .
  I smoked for some 25years, pipes, cigars, cigarettes.   I remember
being in an aircraft
  that was having rudder problems and they just about did everything
except tell us to
  put heads in our laps with pillows, but I kept on puffin away on my
Camel Filters..

  Now I am grateful that I put all that stuff down.  I still miss the
real tobacco of a pipe, but since I stopped I have scene the
disastrous effects of smoking on two different people.
  I keep saying to myself that if  I make it to 80 I am going back to my pipe.

Lou

>If you are a tobacco user or know someone who wants to quit please read
>this.
>
>I tried my first cigarette when I was 11 years old and by the time I was 12
>I was a daily smoker and addict.  By 14 I was taking pride in rolling my own
>smokes.  Before I was old enough to drive a car, I was regularly using every
>tobacco product I could think of--cigars, pipes, chew, you name it.  Not
>much has changed since then.  I'm a veritable tobacco priest, thus devoted.
>
>I've tried many times to quit and always failed.  My non-smoking wife no
>longer allows smoking in our house so there I am out on the back porch in
>the freezing cold feeding my addiction.  They say to identify the
>"triggers."  For me, being awake is the trigger.  The only time I don't
>smoke is when I'm asleep or in the shower.  It's the first thing I do when I
>get up and the last thing I do before bed.
>
>Now hope has come.  There's a new prescription drug on the market called
>Chantix.  Here's how it works.  Nicotine produces dopamine in the brain
>which is why you get pleasure from it.  This pill prevents the nicotine from
>producing the dopamine so smoking is no longer pleasurable.  You no longer
>get that "pop."  Once you start the medication, you can continue smoking all
>you want but after only a few days into it I found little pleasure in
>smoking.  I'd light up, take a couple puffs and put it out.  I've now been
>on the pill about three weeks and have not smoked at all for the last six
>days.  I have very few cravings, little or no withdrawal symptoms, I'm not
>gaining weight and have no apparent side affects.
>
>The beauty of this is that I haven't really had to "try to quit" at all.
>The pill does all the work.  It has not taken any will power on my part.
>The will power will be needed when I go off the pill.  The recommended
>treatment is three months. Without the medication, of course the nicotine
>WILL produce the dopamine and so I'll be one puff away from going back.  But
>I'm determined and committed to becoming free of this slavery.
>
>I'm not out of the woods yet so wish me luck, but I recommend this product
>without hesitation.
>
>Slim

  Do you believe the 9/11 Commission's findings or are you in the 49%
of  New Yorkers who don't believe the report and want another
investigation?

  ASK QUESTIONS / DEMAND ANSWERS
  visit any one of these sites for more information.
http://911source.org

   http://www.reopen911.org/

      http://www.loosechange911.com

         http://scholarsfor911truth.org

            http://911truth.org

           http://www.911blogger.com

                    http://911independentcommission.org/questions

                 911  WAS AN INSIDE JOB.  YOUR CIVIL LIBERTIES ARE IN PERIL.