Fw: [Rhodes22-list] Rope luff pad question

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 9 08:42:01 EST 2007

Doug - Both of the sails that came with my boat had rope luff. I haven't
used a foam luff so I can't compare but the rope luff worked great when
furled.

PT - I am curious about your new sail. I am ordering a sail this spring and
half been considering all of the options. I have held off long enough...well
actually too long. I am leaning towards dacron because I will leave the sail
on the boat. I am guessing yours is a race sail; is there a sacrificial
strip? Did you bother with window?  My current quantum sail is dacron and
the sacrifical strip is a heavier grade dacron. It holds shape much better
than some of the heavier cloths used. The dacron lasted 6 years and is just
now showiing signs of wear. I am thinging of ordering the same...did you
provide actual measurements or did they have something "on file"? I know you
will update us when you recieve....oh yeah how long did they say it would
take?

Thanks,

Wally