[Rhodes22-list] HR 27 picture of shell

Richard Smith sailnut at att.net
Thu Feb 15 10:06:56 EST 2007

I have sailed up to yachts up to 28' (sloops) solo. Without a tiller pilot
and self tending winches its a challenge.  Single handed docking in any kind
of wind is a real adventure and in my opinion an undue risk to you and your
equipment.

For sloops, in my opinion its best to stay in the 25 foot or below range for
regular solo sailing.

If you want to frequently solo a larger best it's best to look at Marshall
22 or a Nonsuch.  Both of these can be handled by a single individual in
most conditions.

Richard Smith