[Rhodes22-list] Single handed over 25 feet

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Thu Feb 15 11:35:04 EST 2007

Joe,

I know a number of people who single hand 40 foot boats.  But the old
boating axiom still applies:

"Boats will be used in inverse proportion to their length."

I literally don't think twice about single handing my boat in any kind
of weather.  When the weather gets worse I always go out alone because I
don't want to run the risk that someone will make a mistake putting both
of our lives in jeopardy.

I can and have single-handed larger boats than the Rhodes 22, but I have
no reason to do so.  If you're out there by yourself, the Rhodes 22 has
everything on it that you need.  And, most people can safely single-hand it.

Bill Effros