[Rhodes22-list] Single handed over 25 feet

Joseph Hadzima josef508 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 09:27:12 EST 2007

So based upon your answer to my question I guess the owner
of the A28 never invited you out for a fun sail.  Pitty,
had hopes of hearing you tell us about any real differences
between the A28 & R22.

happy sailing!

--- Bill Effros <bill at effros.com> wrote:

> Joe,
>
> I know a number of people who single hand 40 foot boats.
> But the old
> boating axiom still applies:
>
> "Boats will be used in inverse proportion to their
> length."
>
> I literally don't think twice about single handing my
> boat in any kind
> of weather.  When the weather gets worse I always go out
> alone because I
> don't want to run the risk that someone will make a
> mistake putting both
> of our lives in jeopardy.
>
> I can and have single-handed larger boats than the Rhodes
> 22, but I have
> no reason to do so.  If you're out there by yourself, the
> Rhodes 22 has
> everything on it that you need.  And, most people can
> safely single-hand it.
>
> Bill Effros
>

> Joseph Hadzima wrote:
> > YEP the A28 costs a very pretty penny for a day sailer!
> >
> > Did you ever manage to get an invitation to sail on
> her?
> >

> > --- TN Rhodey <tnrhodey at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Joe.
> >>
> >> There was an A28 slipped at our marina for a couple of
> >> years. Did you happen
> >> to catch the price tag? One could spend 150K
> >> delivered.....tiny cabin but it
> >> is a looker.
> >>
> >> Wally

> >> <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>

> <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>

> 25
> the

> the

> point.

> >> and

> about
> trade-offs
> deck
> >>>
> >> &

> purposes.
> >>>
> >> Is

> built,
> >>>
> >> at

> >> type

> >> people,

> beverages
> >>>
> >> markers

> >> would

> >> answers.

> >> R22

> R22

> >> his

> >> simply

=== message truncated ===

HADZ (a.k.a. joe)

"That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That's what a ship needs. But what a ship is... is freedom."
-- Captain Jack Sparrow