[Rhodes22-list] Harken Lazy Jack

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu Feb 15 15:17:41 EST 2007

While viewing the AE28 video, I was impressed with the ease with which the owner was handling the main.  He was using a Harken Lazy Jack system (installation manual at http://www.harken.com/pdf/4058.pdf.)  At West Marine, the small Harken Lazy Jack is about $200.

Has anyone ever used the Harken Lazy Jack on an R22 main sail?  Does it interfere with boom movement?  Does it jam easily?

I know, with IMF, you have no need for it.  I still haven't been able to justify the cost of the new IMF mast & hardware on our R22.

I was just thinking that the Lazy Jack looked interesting.  Maybe run the control lines (downhaul & halyard) back to the front of the cockpit, next to the pop-top, opposite to Genoa furling line.  Comments?

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)