[Rhodes22-list] reefing

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Sat Feb 17 13:12:55 EST 2007

The Caribbean is one of my least favorite sailing places.  It is often
too windy for safe sailing of small boats by people who have seldom
sailed before.  The big boats need that much wind to ensure you can sail
every day.  Too many jerks who don't know what they are doing.

An R-22 would be perfect for those waters, but the only boats available
tend to be either bigger or smaller.

Bill Effros

JbTek wrote:
> My wife & I spent 5 days at Cub Colona in Antigua. We got on a Hobiecat and
> capsize first thing outa the gate.
> I faced some fear that day.
> We did right the boat & sail back in but go out much after that, it was
> pretty windy.
>
>     Jb

>>> Continental?