[Rhodes22-list] the HR 27 or whatever you want to name it

DCLewis1 at aol.com DCLewis1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 18 01:22:39 EST 2007

Stan,

out, Rhodes has already designed an R27, as I recall it’s 39' long. The  Gen
Boats boat could still probably be called an R27, but it might create some
discontent with Rhodes purists, so in this Email I’ll call it an SR27G for
Spitzer/Rhodes 27 Gozzard.   If you want to call it something else, it  won’t hurt my
feelings. Clearly the hull was inspired by your R22 which Rhodes  signed off
on, so attaching the name of Rhodes might not be inappropriate, and I  gather
Gozzard made the hull molds - but really it can just be a bunch of  initials
and numbers.  I think the boat can be called anything you decide,  the name
Rhodes has not be trademarked for all time.  I can buy a Schwartz  and Rhodes
radio receiver, Phillip Rhodes had nothing to do with it.  And  then there’s the
colossus at Rhodes he had nothing to do with.

I noted you called the vessel an HR27, what does the H stand for?   HR27
sounds like Congressional legislation to me.

Regarding your proposal/proposition, I’m curious again.  Given the  price
point you’ve identified, roughly how long will it take for an  investor to recoup
their investment and begin to turn a profit given the level  of interest you’
ve seen an a SR27G, and Gen Boats ability to add more production  beyond their
present level of effort?

When do you expect to have a prototype or hull #1 ready for demo and/or
sale?

Also, given that you will have a 37.5% stake in the SR27G effort, will
likely be an officer in the SR27G company, will likely build the boat via Gen
Boats, and also that you own and run Gen Boats, what are your thoughts regarding
the relationship of the SR27G and Gen Boats?  Do you see the SR27G Group as  a
group of people that will get the SR27G off the ground, establish it as a
viable product, and then sell out to Gen Boats to continue production?  If  you
see the SR27G group as a long term effort to build just that boat, do you
think they will be able to survive without you spearheading that effort?  I
could see the effort being folded into Gen Boats when it was determined to be
successful. Any thoughts about this?

Dave

Dave