[Rhodes22-list] IMF "Reefing"

TN Rhodey tnrhodey at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 18 08:08:14 EST 2007

Bill, First as you know I do like IMF....  My original post stated you may
have to reef sooner with IMF than standard. I wasn't really commenting about
reefing sail shape or configurations.

One thing you need to consider is the cut of the sails unfurled and/or
reefed. This is just important as the size. To my eye it looks like the
belly on most IMF sails (ours included) is higher than standard main and
perhaps a little further aft. With standard main you can further tweak with
downhaul, halyard, and cunningham controls.

Also my boat likes a little heel and in light air I sit on lee side to
create heel....and I go faster.

Wally