[Rhodes22-list] reefing

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 07:33:25 EST 2007

jb,

I like the wheel; I am used to sailing keelboats w/ a
wheel...it is the right thing for me for now; HOWEVER,
I prefer a tiller. It is more intuitive,
responsive.....ever drive a car w/o power steering or
with the 'graduated' power steering (don't remember
what it is called..)you can actually feel where the
wheels are...the tiller is like that....the tiller
gives more of a feel of what the boat is doing/is
going to do...kind of like 'driving with the seat of
your pants.'...

Having a wheel complicated throttle & gear control of
the engine....I had all that moved to the binnacle.
Extra expense...luckily I have a friend who is a
long-time boat dealer. After he got over my not buying
a boat from him (coupla hugs did it! ;^) he was able
to rig everything for me.

There are photos posted not long ago of the wheel &
engine rigging....

You are welcome to try out my boat...but unless there
are compelling reasons for a wheel, stick with the
tiller.

elle