[Rhodes22-list] Wheels vs. Tillers

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 18 12:12:31 EST 2007

I think Elle will prove how nice the wheeled R22 is when she puts it in the water.  I prefer the tiller, Elle has said she recommends the tiller, too.  The bugaboo on the wheel can be the mechanicals of the linkage, but I'm certain Stan has that well polished and ready to go.  The use of space is different, the captain's chairs have less utility if installed, but I don't have or want captain's chairs anyway.  My second favorite position on the boat is standing under the boom, tiller balanced between my legs, clear vision 360 degrees.  That fits well with a wheel.  It will be the hottest boat on the Bay!  It is really a shame that the skipper is so shy and retiring...

Art