[Rhodes22-list] Replies to Capt's Rummy, Mike, Brad and Rob...

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Wed Jan 3 15:07:41 EST 2007

Capt'n Rummy:

     The reason I am now involved is that I already took it to Fairway Ford
(Biggest Dealer in Greenville Area).  Their mechanic said he could not
duplicate problem.  I have had no trouble duplicating the problem.  I expect
to pay for a fix, but not to pay more diagonistic fees that the repair
costs.

Capt'n Mike:

      Thank you for your detailed reply.  Where can I a get a good picture
of the Speed Control Servo/Amplifier
control unit?  Yes it could be an E-150 Econoline.  I just could not find
reference to E-150 in materials that I looked thru.  Kept referring me to
the page with the F-150?  It is a conversion van, and it is original cruise
control, not put in by conversion shop but at assembly.  But evidentially
Van's that went to this conversion shop had many unique model numbers that
distinguish them from regular E-150's.  Maybe the particular plant only made
vans for conversion and regular vans were assembled elsewhere.

Capt'n Brad:

       I now have an adopted cat.  I have had cats in the past, but this is
not a regular cat.  It is a she, and the ower wanted a new home for her.
They had a couple of other cats and they picked on her.  This cat is more
dog like than cat.  Meows all the time.  Meows to go out.  Meows to come in.
Meows to get food dish freshly filled.  Sits on you lap to get ears
scratched and when you stop goes to next in line to get ears scratched.
       Previously I had a rescue dog.  Dog was a hunting dog, who obviously
had not been well cared for before I adopted him.  He was a German Wired
Haired Pointer.  He was a gentle giant appreciative of his new home.  I
found out that his disposition was typical for the breed.  After he died of
old age, my wife said no more dogs, but she said cat was ok to keep mice
away.

Capt'n Rob:

       Capt'n Rummy lives right on the lake and just a mile off I-85.  My
boat is now in a storage yard, out of the water.  I have some mantainance to
do.  I also have a second boat on the lake at:
http://familyoutdoors.com/pages/bigwater.htm  It is a O'Day 26.
I live in Greenville, South Carolina.  The town with all the speed traps you
must have passed thru.  Did you come down I-77 to Charlotte?