[Rhodes22-list] TGGW

Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sun Jan 7 11:16:30 EST 2007

Very "cool"

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of
R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 10:38 AM
To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] TGGW

Chris,
Another area that's helping raise the global temperature is all those
buildings and highways we have erected. Having spent the past fifteen years

climbing around on large insutrial roofs, I can tell you they store a lot of
thermal
energy. The concrete and asphalt that make up our highways and parking  lots

also store a lot of energy. These are all man made heat sinks and as the
population grows, so do we build more highways and buildings.
I am happy to report that there is a new direction in Industrial and
Commercial roofs that use acrylics and are energy star certified. These
"cool"  roofs
reflect upwards of 90% of the suns energy. More flat roofs are being
treated
this way. Not only does it reduce the temperature of the building, but  also

reduces the HVAC costs by upwards of 35%. Since the HVAC units are running
less often, you don't have to repair or replace them as often and are saving
lot of electricity.
Our company web site is a little crude, but it gets the job done. You can
find more information at:

_www.enviroshieldroofing.com_ (http://www.enviroshieldroofing.com)

Rummy