[Rhodes22-list] Marc Batson Revisited

Tootle ekroposki at charter.net
Sun Jan 7 13:01:04 EST 2007

Marc:

     Your question was put on a public and open forum.  The thing that makes
this forum exist and thrive is open discussion.

     You said, "I did send an email directly to "elle" regarding the good
information pertaining to insurance."  Please note that she offered her
remarks in public and open discussion.  There are always other who are
interested in all replies.  There are many others who follow all threads
with interest.  The discussion is not just personal to you.

     While I am sure that Elle appreciated your email, imagine how much
better she would feel if your praise was in public.  For the effort of her
response to your question she deserved all the accolades available, I think.

     What you did on email lists is referred to ‘backchannel’.  There are
some on this list that operate that way.  It is my position that such
backchannel communications lessens the value to all others who read the
threads.  There are many digested members of this list who follow the
threads that interest them, only rarely commenting.  I respect them, too.

      You will find that I am often a lonely voice of courtesy in the
cacophony of diatribe.

      Welcome to the Rhodes List.  You still have not taken time to tell us
why the Rhodes 22.

Ed K
Greenville, SC, USA