[Rhodes22-list] Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Investments (Poltical)

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Jan 8 12:55:40 EST 2007

Microsoft bashing seems to be almost a sport nowadays but how many of the
arguments have any real substance.  Yes, I realize that 70% of the world's
largest websites use Linux, Apache and other open source software, but, I
still need a Windows PC for many of the applications related to my work.

This LA Times article, which has been widely cited in the last day or so,
examines whether the purchase and use of Microsoft software products are
somehow good for the advancement of public health in poor countries, due to
the efforts of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,4205044,full.story

Mike