[Rhodes22-list] Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Investments (Poltical)

Brad Haslett flybrad at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:17:04 EST 2007

Mike,

Thanks for the article.  This is a perfect example of the old expression "no
good deed goes unpunished!"  Where is Gates supposed to put his money, under
a mattress?  After Katrina I saw hundreds of acts of kindness buy companies,
big and small.  Miller and Budwiser got into a small water war over who
could stack the most canned water on street corners.  My day job employer
put together the first communications network in New Orleans and then turned
it over to local first responders. We also were first on the scene with jets
carrying emergency items.  Walmart meteorologists predicted Katrina's
landfall and pre-positioned emergency supplies.  Home Depot had generators
delivered the next day to law enforcement.  My little construction company
cleaned-up our neighborhood.  Every trip to the Gulf I see more church
groups wearing nail aprons and helping people get back on their feet.  What
a country!

Brad