[Rhodes22-list] Flat Tax Anyone?

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Fri Jan 12 17:07:06 EST 2007

Slim,
I've listened to all the arguments for and against the flat tax for about
five years now. Bottom line is that it affects the people that can least afford
to pay it the most. Hence, those can can pay, like you and me, do. Business
owners pay income tax, but most corporations, both large and small, foot most
of  the bill. Those costs of course are passed on to the consumer. There is no
easy  solution to taxation. No one wants to pay more than their fair share,
but is it  fair for a family with five kids to pay as much as a retired couple
with the  same income?
It's the same thing with real estate taxes. Most of it is used to support
the public schools, but I don't have any children in school, but I still have to
 foot the bill. We spread the burden equally because in theory we all benefit
 from the tax money spent.

Rummy