[Rhodes22-list] Bill's Bahamas Adventure -- Day 6 - Comment to MikeW

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Jan 12 17:50:57 EST 2007

Ed,

You are correct that I indeed did place a period at the end of the sentence.
I was a writer first, computer programmer second.  I was taught to place a
period at the end of a sentence and will continue to do so, even when
specifying a url address.  If you look closely, the address is underlined
but not the period.  If you click on the link, just as I placed it in the
email, it works fine.  If you choose to copy the link and paste it into your
browser, you must take care not to include the period.

I am familiar with the www.yousendit.com service.  Their free version is
more limited than the www.sendthisfile.com free version.  The "sendthisfile"
folks do not limit the size or quantity of the files up- or downloaded.
They simply give greater bandwidth (priority) to the paying customers.  This
make lots of sense to me, since I am not in a particular hurry to exchange
files (hours are OK with me.)  The service works well.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)

From: "Tootle" <ekroposki at charter.net> Friday, January 12, 2007 5:35 PM